Illinois’ Primary Election Day is tomorrow, June 28. Make your plan to vote now.
Whatever your viewpoint, recent decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court on guns and abortion rights put even more emphasis on policies within the states and your vote will help determine those policies. Your vote will guide the future of Illinois. Your vote matters and deserves to be counted. Please, vote in tomorrow’s primary and again in the general election on November 8.
You have the power to pick the candidates who will be on the November ballot. During the primary election, you have the most options to choose from, so make sure you get out and vote! Don’t let others determine which candidates will run in the general election.
If you are voting by mail, your ballot must be postmarked by 8 p.m. on Election Day. Or, you can return it in a secure drop box in most counties. Refer to the information enclosed with your vote-by-mail ballot for accurate information, or check your local election authority’s website for ballot drop locations.
If you plan to vote in person tomorrow at your polling location, review the resources below so you can make your plan to vote.
- Polls are open at 6 a.m. If you are in line by 7 p.m., even if you have not yet cast your ballot, stay in line. You will be allowed to vote.
- When voting, you will be asked to choose which political party’s ballot you would like to use when voting. This is to determine which ballot you get for voting — you are not being asked to declare a party affiliation. It does not mean you are declaring membership in that party.
- If you run into issues casting your vote, make sure to call the Election Protection Hotline at 866-OUR-VOTE.
If you need some help finding out who’s on your ballot and what their views are on policy matters and much more, head over to:
- League of Women Voters of Illinois’ Voter Guide
- You can find out which candidates will be on your ballot by viewing your sample ballot at Ballotpedia. Find yours here.
- Chicago Tribune Voting Guide
- ABC News Congressional & Statewide Candidate Information
- Illinois State Bar Association judicial ratings
If you run into issues casting your vote, make sure to call the Election Protection Hotline at 866-OUR-VOTE
Make sure you save the date for the General Election Day, November 8, 2022!
We encourage you to use your voice this Primary Election Day and choose the candidates you want to see on the ballot this November. It’s never been more important.