Here at CHANGE Illinois, we are committed to a reform agenda to improve our democracy. Through public policy, public education, and coalition-building, we work and advocate for change here in the Land of Lincoln.
Part-Time Projects Coordinator
CHANGE Illinois is seeking a highly motivated, organized and creative thinker to help grow and support our nonpartisan nonprofit in its efforts to educate, engage and advocate for ethical and efficient governments and elections. We seek someone who believes, as we do, that equitable elections and governments in Illinois are a must.
This part-time position will support the executive director and team in securing funding from foundations and individuals for the organization’s work, assist in keeping the board of directors apprised of organizational work and goals, and help in creating social media, email and mail marketing campaigns to broaden our coalition-based organizing. The projects coordinator also will help organize the work of multi-organization coalitions in which CHANGE works to improve democracy in Illinois.
In a 16-20-hour work week, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and update the organization’s operations manuals documenting key financial, legal, governance, fundraising, technology, and communications information and procedures
- Coordinate select board and special group meetings and conference calls including attendee management, materials preparation, site reservations, set-ups, and follow-up items
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and general support of office systems and functions including organization of digital and paper files, mail processing, and invitation coordination
- Prepare monthly expense reports and assist with the submission of check requests and invoices
- Maintain efficient database operations including data entry, data cleansing, and mailing-list management
- Assist with email, mailings, social media and website updates as needed
- Assist others in building relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manage a variety of special projects for the Executive Director
- Maintain organization of digital and paper files, creation and coordination of project folders, contacts, and other materials
- 2+ years as executive assistant with strong administrative and technical capabilities
- Proficient and confident in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Social Media sites and Google’s product suite
- Effective written and oral communicator
- Skilled in schedule organization and coordination
- Professional, friendly and confident, both in-person, in writing and on the telephone
- Flexible and skilled multi-tasker who can track, meet and juggle multiple deadlines
- Tactful, diplomatic, discreet, and trustworthy
- Excellent time-management abilities
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with foundation and grant application work is a plus
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and 1 writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT CHANGE ILLINOIS
CHANGE Illinois is a coalition leading systemic political and government reform. CHANGE (the Coalition for Honest and New Government Ethics) includes a diverse network of civic, business, labor, professional, non-profit, and philanthropic organizations committed to strengthening our democracy and promoting a vibrant culture of civic participation in Illinois. The coalition addresses issues that are essential to our democracy, including ballot access, competitive elections, government transparency, and fair legislative maps. Learn more about the mission and work of CHANGE Illinois at www.CHANGEIL.org.
CHANGE is an independent, nonpartisan 501(c)3 organization committed to working on a statewide basis with, and in support of, collaborative efforts. CHANGE Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer —people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.